1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by George bone, Jan 12, 2003.

1. George bone

George bone Agent

are there any other brands of speakers that would match up with my harman kardon avr 65 other than klipsch that would be good for heavy music as well as clasical rock stuff? are polk any good? looking mainly for speakers for the front. I have a pair of klh bookshelfs 120w and a pair of jensen bookshelfs 100w, would I be able to use either of these as temporary surrounds for the avr 65 until I can get better ones? If i was to go with klipsch are there speakers all very sensitive? because I am looking at a pair from 92 Klipsch KG4.2 would this still be a good choice for what I am looking for? I am not looking at speakers for movie sound at all, music is what i care about, so any sensitive musical speaker brands would be worth looking into for me.
    thanks

2. Bob Drugan

Bob Drugan Agent

I have the Aperion Audio 6.1 speaker system with the 12" 250 watt sub and couldn't be happier. The great thing about these speakers is they sound so natural and the bass is awesome. The speakers are very easy to listen to and for the $ I couldn't find anything that compared. Aperion has a 30 day return policy but after hearing these in my home there not going back. Check them out at www.aperionaudio.com. Bob

3. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

The Polk Lsi series are an incredible speaker! You'll have a hard time finding a speaker that sounds as good for the price. Here's an interesting link for ya.
    http://www.onhifi.com/product.shtml