Speakers with high waf

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick L, May 20, 2002.

1. Nick L

Nick L Second Unit

WOW, I just showed the so the BA VR-M50's and VRMC I am going to buy, and she absolutely loved them! She hasn't liked any speakers I've shown her yet(including some of the B&W Nautilus speakers, which where out of the price range). Just had to share my joy.

Thanks for listening.

Nick L

2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

3. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

nick where are you going to buy them and how much?

4. Patrick R. Sklenar

Patrick R. Sklenar Second Unit

The heck with the S.O. ... they look good enough to obtain MAF - "My Approval Factor" - to be allowed in the house. [​IMG]

5. HowardGjr

HowardGjr Stunt Coordinator

Congratulations on the purchase Nick. They look great.
    Somehow I missed these speakers when I went out searching for for a sub/satellite system. I'd really appreciate a quick review. Did you listen to other speakers? How did they sound? Did you compare the BA VR-M50's with the BA VR-M60's? What sub are you planning to mate them with? What do you have driving them (receiver or pre/pro amp combination)? Could you get them at a discount?
    Enquiring minds want to know [​IMG] .
    Since I've officially caught the HT bug, I'm sure I'll be upgrading. Of course I'll still hope to be married when I do the upgrade, so WAF will be critical and the Boston's just might pass muster. She's definitely in the "NO LARGE BLACK BOXES" camp.

6. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

BOSE!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

Depends upon the Wife [​IMG] My Wife to be (3 more weeks) loves the Polk LSi's. She appreciates good sound and any speakers with a fine finish seems good to her ;-)
    I do have a 57" RPTV in the room though, but she likes it too since we can put our collection of Dragons on top of it.
    Lets not even mention the 4 letter B-word for fear of massive bashing... [​IMG]
    Brian