Speakers to go with an SVS Subwoofer

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Torgny Nilsson, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Torgny Nilsson

Torgny Nilsson Second Unit

I recently purchased an SVS 25-31 PC Plus sub and now want to upgrade the rest of my speakers to match. I was considering Monitor speakers, but just heard about Aperion speakers, which sound interesting but only seem to be sold in a set including another subwoofer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. tommy_esq

tommy_esq Stunt Coordinator

pick a price range and I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions.

3. Torgny Nilsson

Torgny Nilsson Second Unit

I am somewhat flexible on the price. The Monitor speaker set of 5 speakers I have been considering sells for about $3,000, and the Aperion speaker set of 6-7 speakers sells for about $1,400. The problem with the Aperion speakers is that they only seem to be sold in sets including a subwoofer. I understand the benefits of a second sub, but would prefer another SVS if I was to get a second sub.

4. Haru

Haru Stunt Coordinator

speakers in a price range, for a performance type, size considerations, placement flexibility, decor, etc, sure.

but selecting speakers so they match a subwoofer? thats like buying a house that matches the furniture, almost.

5. Mike_Gr

Mike_Gr Stunt Coordinator

A sub isn't crucial to 'match' to speakers. Having the speakers themselves match can be crucial......but I personally think I can make any sub work with my system....its just a matter of what sub performs the best in a desired price range (my own preference).

Just concentrate on finding your speaker system......the sub you already purchased should integrate well with any system.

6. Bob Drugan

Bob Drugan Agent

I have the Aperion Audio 6.1 speaker system with the 12" 250 watt sub and couldn't be happier. The great thing about these speakers is they sound so natural and the bass is awesome. The speakers are very easy to listen to and for the $ I couldn't find anything that compared. Aperion has a 30 day return policy but after hearing these in my home they not going back. The people at Aperion were great to deal with too - I did tons of research and they answered all my questions and couldn't have been nicer. Oh yeah they even send you an owners kit plus my wife really liked the bags the speakers are wrapped in - very classy. Check them out at www.aperionaudio.com. Bob

you can buy these without the sub