What's new

Speakers to go w/ Denon 3802 (1 Viewer)

MarkW

Auditioning
I'm hoping to purchase a Denon 3802 receiver soon and am wondering if anyone has suggestions regarding a set of 5 speakers to match. I will upgrade my sub at a later date. The room is about 16x14 and run about 70/30 HT to music. I'm really hoping that I can get speakers for $2500 (US) or less and still get great quality. Not sure if should lean towards bookshelf or towers. What kind of quantitative characteristics should I look for in speakers? I'd like to purchase online if possible. There aren't too many dealers located near my home. Thank you for your help.

MarkW

Auditioning
Which Rockets are comparable to Monitor 9's or Studio 40's, Energy C-9s or Klipsch RF7s? Is there anybody out there who does not like Rockets?;)

Haru

Stunt Coordinator
I'd get three pairs of NHT VT1.4s, ($500/pair at 6th ave vs $1200 MSRP), an NHT VS1.4 center, $150 at 6th ave vs $300 MSRP). That gives you the 7 for the 7.1 for $1650. You're looking at $3900 worth of speakers for $1650. Add something like an HSU VTF-3, and you're upto $2500.
I challenge you to find a better system for the money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertto

Stunt Coordinator
bump

anyone on opinions for mostly HT running of a 3802 in a 20x25 room?

Looking for something not quite as forward as the Axioms. I love mine, but this is for a friend who think mine are a little to forward.

Thanks

Peter Bossman

Auditioning
I'm running the following off my 3802:
Klipsch RF3II mains
Klipsch RC3II center
Klipsch RS3II surrounds
Klipsch KSW-15 powered sub
The neighbors are complaining. The wife is complaining.
I'm loving life and say KMA to all of them.
Watch The Matrix or Lord of the Rings with this setup and tell me you're not impressed. (I wish I had pictures of my brother's faces when I played it for them!!)
I'm just looking to see what other surrounds to use with the other two 110W channels that are just sitting there!
Receiver: $750
Speakers: $1700
Just a thought! ;)

John A. Casler

Second Unit
Mark,
I would suggest as I did to another gentleman recently that you look at the following:
Mains: VMPS Tower II
Center: VMPS QSO626
Rears: VMPS QSO626
This system lists for $2348
but can be ordered through a VMPS dealer for less. In fact I would say for $2500 you could also get at least the LARGER SUB and a monobloc amp to power it.
It would be difficult in my opinion to match this combo "performance wise" for less than $5000.
It has dynamics, frequency response, deep bass, and audiophile quality sound abilities.
Look here:
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
John

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
I also use Klipsch Reference speakers for mains, and SVS for the subs.

Klipsch RF3II mains
Klipsch RC3II center
Klipsch RS3II surrounds
Dual 20-39CS+ w/ Samson 1000
SVS01 black box

I just watched "We Were Soldiers" and mf GF was complaining that it was too loud @ -10 (calibrated w/ AVIA) on the 3802. Heck I thought I was actually reasonable with the volume level, and was really engulfed in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks