What's new

Speakers that wear many hats? (1 Viewer)

JasonTan

Grip
Okay so after VERY frustratingly writing up a detailed request for help i forgot about the url limit and lost everything i just wrote after hitting the back button. GRR. To reiterate:

- Moving out into this apt: rentcanada.ca/ipt/ipt200_b2b.jpg
- HT will be either living room or small bedroom area
- Speakers will be playing everything from Pink Floyd to 50 Cent and from Terminator to Pretty Woman as well as concert dvd's.
- Is there anything i should look for or avoid when narrowing my search for "all-round" good sounding speakers?

I understand listening is believing but i don't know of a single store in ottawa, ontario that knows how to hook up their tvs/speakers accurately and just use the "how many speakers and tv's can we fit in one space and turn on at one time" approach.

- Budget isn't so much a concern. If they can last a few years and sound excellent i'de save up for them. 500-700 a speaker would be a limit if i had to put one in place. I'de rather not save for 3 months for a single speaker but i would if needed.

- Not looking for a HTIB, want a very good system slow-built over time.

- Are there some good brands out there to test first or any brands to avoid while looking?

Thanks for ANY help. I just want something to narrow my search around while hunting and trying out and what specs on the box i should either look for or avoid. Any help is appreciated. You guys are great

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Yeah, check out Paradigm. Is there a better choice for Canadians? What does the exchange rate do if you buy something online from the US like Ascend Acoustics?

MikeNg

Second Unit
I hear over and over again that the best bang for the Canadian buck is Paradigm. See what they can put together for you. At one point I heard that Onix(AV123) was going to have a Canadian outlet. Don't know if that materialized but that may be another option for you.

I think after GST's, import this/that tax, buying American becomes pretty pricey.

JasonTan

Grip
I'll definately check out those paradigms, theres an outlet that sells them about a 20 minute walk from my house (not bad!).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks