What's new

Speakers & Sub for Bedroom Theater (1 Viewer)

Matt_Marlow

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 10' X 15' room with a projector (Infocus X1) and screen set up. Now I need speakers and a sub. In keeping with my cheap bang-for-the-buck projector, I'd like some decent, but cheap speakers. And I'd prefer to order the speakers and sub online. (Receiver recommendations would be nice too). I do have some experience with home audio. A couple years ago I setup my living room theater with a 65" HDTV and a Denon receiver (3300) and Paradigm speakers (monitor series) and sub (PS1200). But I just don't want to spend that much this time around.

I just need something decent,and would like to keep the cost of speakers, sub and receiver under $1,000 and possibly just order online.

What would you recommend in this situation? The room is conpletely enclosed and I sit about 13' from my 100" screen. So what's the best bang for the buck?

Thanks a lot!

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
If you like Paradigm, you could probably spend $700 on 5 speakers and a sub and get a Denon receiver for $300 online somewhere.

DVD player?

Matt_Marlow

Stunt Coordinator
I've sort of been thinking about some Paradigm performance series speakers.
I looked at the Fluance speakers, and was stunned to see a 5-speaker setup for $199. They look really nice for that price. http://www.fluance.com/fluanceavhtb.html
As for receivers, yeah I'll most likely go with Denon or Onkyo. I have the DVD player already, a progressive scan Panasonic.
I did a little more research and have read some good things about Dayton subs being good for their price.

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
Another nice combo is the JBL NSP1II speaker set and the Dayton 10" powered subwoofer. That right there is under $400. A decent $200-$300 receiver will handle the JBL's nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks