What's new

speakers questions (1 Viewer)

George bone

Agent
Ok, I have asked this question a few times in different posts and in diffent threads and still have not got an anwser. I have a harman kardon avr-65 receiver which cannot do 5 channel stereo, and what I want is a room full of sound and right now there is little to no sound comming from the back to speakers which are wired into the surround places for the speakers. Would It do any damage to have all the speakers wired into the front (there are only slots for two front speakers not four so I would have to have two speakers where one is supposed to go) so somone please tell me this so I can do it or not do it and decide what my next step is.

Max Kanter

Auditioning
I'm not an expert by any stretch, but I think you'd have to consider two things.

First, can your receiver power that many speakers? What's the wattage rating per channel? What are the wattage needs of your speakers?

Second, this will mean that you'll end up still having stereo, it will just be coming out of more speakers. The center channel would only play either the left or right channel.

I wouldn't recommend it... Do you have a warranty? Maybe it needs to be serviced?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks