What's new

Speakers on tile (1 Viewer)

David Judah

Screenwriter
I own a pair of B&W CDM 9NTs in a room with a tile floor. I have tried placing the speakers on mats, wooden slabs, and even directly on the tile.

I am wondering if there is anything in particular I should try since I'm always on the lookout for modifications to squeeze out a bit more performance.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

DJ

Kevin T

Screenwriter
well my first question is what are you trying to gain? you mentioned several different set up options but didn't tell which you preferred and what you disliked about any. you can always try adding acoustic tiles on the wall. you can find these at audioadvisor.com. i have never used them so i can't speak of any effect it will have but it's another tweak which you haven't mentioned. how did the 9nt perform on the tile alone? just wondering.

kevin t

David Judah

Screenwriter
I've never had tile floors before. I've always had carpet and used spikes. I'm not unhappy with the performance I'm getting now, but you know how it is with this hobby--I think maybe there is something I haven't tried placing the speakers on that would make it a little bit better(my wife thinks it's a sickness:)).
My dealer recommended putting pennies under the speakers, but I tried that and it added a bit of harshness. So far the best results have come from just putting the speakers directly on the tile, which kind of suprised me.
There are some pretty creative people here, so I am just looking for some ideas from members who have tried different things.
DJ

Kevin T

Screenwriter
oh i see now...you're looking for isolation not acoustic treatments. i have spikes on carpet so i couldn't be of much help. however, for another isolation option, you can try these.
kevin t

David Judah

Screenwriter
Thanks for the link, Kevin. That's exactly the type of thing I'm looking for.

Has anyone used isolation feet or any type of special mats or pads for their speakers on tile or hardwood floors?

DJ

Kevin T

Screenwriter
no problem...check around audioadvisor.com's site. i think there are some cheaper "protectors" or whatever you'd like to call them. i intend to use these when i put in laminate flooring this summer. good luck.

kevin t

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks