Speakers for Yamaha Receivers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Colin-K, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Colin-K

Colin-K Agent

Which Manufactures of Speaker Sound Best With Yamaha Receivers?

I've heard various people on this forum talk about some speakers are too bright for Yamaha receivers.

I wanted to hear from others with Yamahas what they liked.

2. Don Peskin

Don Peskin Stunt Coordinator

I have Snell Type IIE main speakers and Polk center and surround speakers topped off with an SVS 20-39PCi subwoofer and wouldn't change a thing with my Yammy 2095 receiver.

3. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

JBL N-Series & S-Series w/SVS 25-31PCi works great with my Yamaha R-V905 (authorized mailorder ver. of the RX-V595 @ my vacation house w/AudioSource SW15) & Yamaha RX-V995 respectively! [​IMG]
    Phil

4. Nick_Shah

Nick_Shah Stunt Coordinator

I have a pair of Axiom M3Ti's and an Axiom VP100 centre powered by my Yamaha RX-V800. No complaints here!
    As a side note, when I was auditioning speakers I even listened to several Paradigm/Yamaha combinations. Many have said that this combination is too bright, but I really liked the sound. Not as much as the Axioms mind you. [​IMG]
    Good luck!
    -Nick

5. Arron H

Arron H Second Unit

I have B&W 603s, 601s, LCR6, & Adire Rava sub paired with an RX-V1200 and have no complaints. I have heard many indicate that Yamaha & B&W are too bright together. This has not been my experience [​IMG]

6. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

I have JBL S-series all around. They sound great with my Yammie.

7. Nick V

Nick V Second Unit

I have Paradigm Monitor series all the way around, and this setup sounds great with my Yamaha RXV-1200.

8. Yannick Martin

Yannick Martin Stunt Coordinator

I have 6 Paradigm Titan and a PDR-10 with my Yamaha RX-V2200 and it sound great.

YM

9. Colin-K

Colin-K Agent

I do like the sound of the Paradigms. I've only heard them on Marntz receivers though. Are they to bright for the Yamaha?

Sounds like lot of JBL/Yamaha fans. Is this a well balance combo?

10. Binh Vu

Binh Vu Stunt Coordinator

I got JBL n38ii as mains and yamaha in center and surrounds. 20-39pci will be here this Friday. I got my low end yammy HTR-5450 2 months ago (before I found HTF). I hope my receiver blow up soon so my financial officer has no way to say NO for my upgrade.

11. Mike Veroukis

Mike Veroukis Second Unit

Michael
    I got a pair of Paradigm Studio 40s hooked up to my RX-V2200. Sounds amazing.

- Mike

12. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

I've had several Yamaha receivers including my current one, the RX-V1. I've had several different speaker setups throughout the past couple of years and ended up with JBL all around except for the SVS sub.
    The other speakers I tried were Energy, Monitor Audio, Magnepans among a few others. I can say I never felt anything was bright.... only clear as I wish my sound to be.
    To me, the high end Yams do have their own sound. The V1 has great depth and clarity that is well demonstrated when hooked to a good speaker.

13. MarcEM

MarcEM Extra

I use B&Ws with my Yamaha RX-V793. I have 601S2s in front, a CC6S2 in the middle and 302s in back. My sub is a Klipsch KSW-50.

14. John Pine

John Pine Supporting Actor

John Pine
    I use the JBL L & N series with my Yammi RX-V530. I find that musically they are a very good match for a budget system. I run L40's up front and the N24's in the rear.

15. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

I'm currently running Def tech BP8's for my mains, Energy AC300 for my center, Def Tech BP2X rears, Def Pro center C2B as a rear center and a Paradigm PDR-10 for my sub. My Yammie RX-V3200 performs exceptionally with all these, and I couldn't be happier either![​IMG]

16. TerryHenson

TerryHenson Agent

Mains: PSB Stratus Silveri's (gloss blems 50% off msrp)
    Center: PSB C6i
    Rears: Infinity RS-325's
    Sub: VTF-2
    RX-V3200

I too, couldn't be happier, considering my budget.

17. Colin-K

Colin-K Agent

Terry,

How did you get the PSB Stratus Silveri's (gloss blems) for 50% off msrp)?

I've never heard the Stratus series; I'm scared I'll end up w/ a $4K speaker system if I do.

Just curious, how do these compare to B&W's in the same $ range and the reference Paradigm's?

18. TerryHenson

TerryHenson Agent

I bought them back in March of this year for $999+tax at
    http://www.yawaonline.com/psbstratsils.html
    Looks like the word got out as I see they are now back ordered and $300 higher! [​IMG]
    Audiogon.com is where I found the ad originally and Yawa is local to me so I had a chance to listen to them and others (NHT series) plus avoid delivery charges. The blems I bought are both visually and mechanically perfect.
    I did listen to many other speakers (2 months worth) and the competition is immense. How can you go wrong buying B&W or Pardigms if they sound good to you? The Silver-i's provided the sound that was a better fit to my ears.

19. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

20. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

I enjoy the sound of my nOrhs, both ceramic 4.0s and wood 5.1s) with my Yamaha RX-V496.