What's new

Speakers for Yamaha 5860 (1 Viewer)

MaryB

Auditioning
I am planning on purchasing a Yamaha5860 for a 15x20 room. I will be using a 6.1 set-up. I need small satellite speakers so am considering either the HKTS8 or JBLSCS180 systems. Any opinions on which is better? Also, does anyone know if there is any difference (other than appearance) between the JBLSCS160 and JBLSCS180?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i owned the 160's for a while myself. the 180's are just the new model (in silver) ... but they are the exact same speakers.

personally, for under $500, i think they're an excellent speaker package. nice bass (maybe a touch boomy), with nice clean sounding satellites.

i think they would be a nice match for the 5860. your room is on the bigger side, so it's nice you're getting a decent receiver with adequate power.

i'm not familiar with the other speaker package, so i can't comment there.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
The JBL's are very nice.

I assume you are buying at Best Buy (I could be wrong), if so, check out the Klipsch Quintet's and SUB-10 also.

MaryB

Auditioning
Actually I am not a fan of BB, so will be purchasing online. I am really leaning towards the HK's since they are a little smaller, but will go with the JBL's if the sound is better. The price difference is minimal (both are under $300).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks