Speakers for under $800

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CurtJ, Apr 6, 2002.

1. CurtJ

CurtJ Stunt Coordinator

I am looking at speakers to add to a Denon 2802 and was wondering what the recommendations are. I would like to keep them under $800.

I have looked at the Paradigm micros for mains and rears, with a paradigm PDR-10 for my sub. How would the compare to the HTD II or HTD III?

2. Alex Bischoff

Alex Bischoff
    Are you looking for mains for $800, or "the whole set" for $800? And, if the latter, are you looking for 5.1 or 6.1?

Also, what are the approximate dimensions of your listening room?

-- Alex

3. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

I don't mean any offense by this at all, but there have been many threads about this before. Just search for speakers around $800 and you should find some threads. This might help you rather than waiting for people to reply.

Hope this helps.

4. CurtJ

CurtJ Stunt Coordinator

Paul.. No offense, but I have searched my little tush off alllll day. I have found a ton of good posts on different speaker systems, but none that address my question of how the Level II and IIIs rate with the paradigms. This is a message board isn't it [​IMG]
    Anyway, I would like to spend $800 total, 5.1, and I have an apartment, so a small room.
    Thanks guys

5. matthew_rm

matthew_rm Second Unit

$800 for everything?? I'm still in high school and spent $1400 for just the mains!

Paradigm makes great speakers. Not much can beet them for the money. (well, klipsch )

6. CurtJ

CurtJ Stunt Coordinator

When I was in high school we couldn't spend $1400 on a car let alone speakers. Congrats on spending a lot of money on speakers, my budget won't handle it right now.

7. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

Check out Paradigm, PSB, Energy (take 5.2), Infinity, JBL (studio series), Hometheaterdirect.com, and Klipsch (synergy system 6).

By the way, I'm in high school too and I've only spent $220 on speakers. Way to go matt!

8. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

9. Daniel T

Daniel T Stunt Coordinator

Curt,
    I don't know if you have checked out the Axiom speakers. They are a direct to the customer speaker. You can get a great deal with their factory outlet speakers. I haven't purchased any factory outlet speakers from them but I have read they have very few blimishes. I own the M3ti(Mains), VP100(Center), QS4(Surrounds), and EP125(sub). These speakers sound great for the money. I looked at their website and came up with three scenerios for you(all factory outlet speakers).
    1. 2 sets of the M3ti @ $220 a pair, VP100 @ $176 for a total of $616 with $184 for a sub.
    2. 1 set of M3ti @ $220 a pair, VP100 @ $176, QS4 @ $248 a pair for a total of $644 with $156 for a sub.
    3. 1 set of M22ti @ $320 a pair, VP100 @ $176, QS4 @ $248 a pair for a total $744. This doesn't leave much for a sub but you can get one later.
    Like I said I have choice number 2 but I have read that the M22ti play loader than the m3ti. It depends what you all want but the axiom web site is www.axiomaudio.com. I purchased my axiom new from Marc at www.audioshop.on.ca. He gives a good deal on the speakers you might want to check him out. Plus his prices are in Canadian dollars so your US dollars will go a long way. Hope this helps.
    Daniel