Speakers For Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Robert.M, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Robert.M

Robert.M Auditioning

Hi Everyone, I am currently setting up a HTPC for the first time, so any good sites that anyone can suggest would be great.

I have my sights set on a Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro Sound Card and am trying to compliment it with a set of speakers. Of course, Creative push their own 7.1 speaker system, the GigaWorks S750.. Is this the way to go? Does anyone have any suggestions on what speakers would compliment this card? (I am not necessarily after a 7.1 system)

I will be mainly using the unit for Home Theater applications, not so much gaming..

Thanks

2. WayneO

WayneO Supporting Actor

Well if your just considering computer based speakers, I'd say Logitech Z-680's or Klipsch Pro-Media's. They really have been considered two of the best sounding setups in PC speakers by many people. The Logitech's are definately the best bang for the buck.

3. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

I second the Klipsch Promedia series. They are great speakers. I'm pretty sure that both Ciruit City and BestBuy carry them so go check them out (they'll probably have the Logitech's there too so you can compare).

4. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    I have Logitech Z-680's. They sound outstanding. The reason I went with them over the Pro Media system was that it comes with a remote, has 3 types of inputs and has Dolby Digital, DTS and Pro Logic II decoding. Also, the sub is way more powerful then the Pro Media's.