What's new

speakers for movies/speakers for music (1 Viewer)

Dong Rodriguez

Auditioning
Hi!

I understand that a speaker thats best for movie is not the best for music, and vice versa. May i know what are the characteristics of a speaker thats best for movies and thats best for music? And if i'll be using it 50%movie-50% music, what kind of speaker should I get?

Thanks

Eddie Horton

Stunt Coordinator
There are some instances where a speaker may be more practical in a two-channel listening room than in a HT and vice versa, but to say that a good music speaker will not make a good HT speaker is just plain wrong. Go audition speakers that are ABOVE your price range to start. Take some music with you that you are familiar with. Start coming down the price scale and see if you can live with the difference......in other words, see if you really miss anything in the next step down the model line. Listen to as many brands as you can. This way, you'll know what you like. If you find a set that sounds great on music that you are familiar with, they'll sound great in your HT. Of course there's more to it than this.....if possible, when you narrow it down to a couple of contenders, see if you can audition them in your home. This way, you will know for sure. The point is just to get out and listen, or try a pair of some of the internet direct brands. Most have 30 day in-home demos.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks