What's new

Speakers for HT, speakers for Music (1 Viewer)

ColinW

Agent
Hi all, I have a question regarding whether I should add in two extra speakers to my system for the purpose of listening to music. I currently am running a Polk Audio satellite/sub combination which works well enough for my home theatre needs, but I find them rather limited when it comes to music.
I have a set of old Infinity SM 82 bookshelf speakers which have always treated me well, so I was considering plugging them into the B speaker from the Amp (Kenwood VR509) and using them soley for music.
Does anyone have any suggestions, or experience with this?
Colin

Nick G

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like a perfectly reasonable way to go to me. Go for it. Enjoy.
Nick

JonathanJ

Auditioning
Actually, I've got a question about that. I have two Marantz MA500 monoblocks. I am planning on hooking them up to the preouts on a yamaha receiver. I was also looking at the magneplanar speakers. I feel like it would be a nightmare to timbre match a center speaker to them. SO, my plan was to use the monoblocks to power the magneplanar speakers and then just hook up my other speakers to the regular outputs. My question is: If you have an A/B switch on your receiver and you use an external amp through the preouts, which set of speakers gets the external amplification? and which gets the receivers amplification? Is my above set up possible? Thanks.
Jonathan

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks