1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Speakers for HK 630?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Meindert, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Meindert

Meindert Extra

I'm looking into buying new speakers for my HK 630. Will Paradigm Studio 20's (40's or 60's) be a good match or are they too power hungry? I want to start with a good 2 channel set-up. I was looking as well into the PSB Image serie. What kind of speakers are you guys using with your HK 630?

2. NickScott

NickScott Stunt Coordinator

I have a 630 and here is my speaker set up. I have no complaints

FR- Paradigm 9se MK2
    Cnt- Wharfedale Modus
    RR- Wharfedale Diamond 8.1
    Sub- Energy Encore 8

I recently bought some more DVD-A's and they sound even more amazing over my old HK AVR130 receiver.

Thats my story.

3. Michael__M

Michael__M Stunt Coordinator

I just hooked up PSB 5T's to my H/K 7200. I'll listen for a few days and let you know what the verdict is. Initially they were very bright. The top end was a bit fatiguing to listen to. I have been playing around quite a bit. Last night I finally changed around the room set up and it has improved quite a bit. I think I was having some issues with reflections and such. The H/K amps are pretty strong and I don't think you will have any power issues. Go out and listen to a bunch of speakers and get a feel for what you like to listen to.

4. Brandon D

Brandon D Agent

I'm purchasing 3 pairs of monitor audio s1's to run with my HK 7200