Speakers for Denon 3802

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett Nix, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Brett Nix

Brett Nix Auditioning

Recently ordered a 3802 from 6Ave and am looking to upgrade speakers as well. Room size is 20 x 17 with a vaulted ceiling. Need bookshelf speakers for mains (no towers). Would like to keep under $1200, if possible. I have been looking at Aperion, Ascend, Axiom (lots of "A's") and the JBL Studios. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm probably 50/50 music/HT. Thanks for the help.

2. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

BOSE!!!

Or as I and many others have said before, start auditioning MANY speakers and buy what sounds best to you. IMO an "in-home" would be the ideal way to evaluate them.

Happy hunting...Mike

3. Bry_DD

Bry_DD Second Unit

I'll highly recommend the Axiom's. I have the 3801 with M60ti and VP150 and I'm a happy camper.[​IMG]

4. Drew_G

Drew_G Auditioning

I have been running the Paradigm Studio 20s with a Studio CC for center w/my 3802. I was basically pointed to those speakers from comments on this Forum. I have a large two story vaulted family room that is very open. The speakers sound great and fill up the room. The SVS 25-31pci doesnt hurt either!

Go to your Paradigm dealer and give a listen. From everything I have read though the Axioms are a great deal as well.

-Drew