What's new

Speakers...Final 0.3, AV Acoustic Reality 3D and nOrh 6.9 (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Ok,
I've narrowed my speaker selection down to these three contenders. I've heard the nOrh 4.0s and fell pretty confident that they would satisfy me better than my Dynaudio Contour 1.8s (which I'm about to sell, if anyone is interested...center channel too).
I've read reviews that compare the AV 3Ds against nOrhs 9s, so I'd imagine they'd sound at lest competitive with the 6.9s I was thinking of getting for my front L/R speakers.
What about this company called Final with its new electrostatics? They're getting rave reviews from the professional reviewers...but has anybody out there bought them to testify? I've always loved the sound of electrostatics so I'm really tempted...
I have an AVR 202 B&K receiver which the Final guys swear should sound great with them.
Help me out!
-dave
[Edited last by DaViD Boulet on October 04, 2001 at 03:15 PM]

John Gates

Second Unit
David,
Feel like making a road trip? The 3D sure looks GOOD! I just got my SM 6.9's, and they are nicely broken in. I bought a pair of nOrh Le Amp monoblocks too, and they arrived last night.
If you'd like to take a two-hour drive, I'd be happy to demo the 6.9's for you.
I can certainly understand why you are having trouble deciding between these two!
John
------------------
System:
Onkyo 787
Mains: nOrh SM 6.9 (shipping NOW)
Center: nOrh marble 4.0
Surrounds: nOrh wood 4.0
Rear Center: nOrh prism 4.1
Subwoofers: 2 x SVS 20-39 CS w/Fidek Amp
Pics: http://www.geocities.com/givinit2him/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks