Speaker's don't work when cold

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by rick stein, Oct 2, 2003.

1. rick stein

rick stein Stunt Coordinator

I know this sound's wierd but only one of my speaker's work whenever it's not hot out then after the car warm's up or if it's hot out the other speaker's turn on. Has any one ever had this happen to them. I wonder if it's my reciever's amp or maybe my car's electrical system.

2. Nick.H

Nick.H Stunt Coordinator

It will be something to do with your deck, if no sound at all comes out, or the cables if it turns on and off during warm up.
    try running your car then turn on your deck when its warm, does it still do it?

3. rick stein

I can let the car run for almost ten minute's. Then drive ten minute's to work and it still doesn't work.

4. Sean^M

Sean^M Stunt Coordinator

that's a cold solder joint somewhere in the head unit, probably in the amplifier section.
    when the radio warms up, the joint makes contact.
    might be time to look around for a new cd player.

5. rick stein

Sean that is what they said it could be at tweeter. And i am looking for a new receiver. Thank's.

6. Sean^M

Sean^M Stunt Coordinator

recommendations:
    alpine
    eclipse
    clarion
    pioneer premiere
    depending on budget and personal tastes.
    any of the above are great lines.. reliable, good features.. if you're using the head unit to power the speakers in the car, look at Alpine's V-drive models..
    they use an 8 or 10AWG cable from the battery to drive the amplifier portion of the receiver for plenty of clean power (next best thing to an external amplifier.)
    best of luck