What's new

speakers don't play with tv (1 Viewer)

justin9

Auditioning
Real Name
justin
hey i just got the ht - c6600 samsung blu ray home theater for my 40" led samsung and i can't get the surround sound speakers to play when just the tv is on? what do i need to do to get this to work? thanks!

gartronics

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garry
Kind of vague on info, but I'll try to help. Make sure you have the audio out from the tv plugged in to the audio input of the theater system. Depending on your tv it may be RCA, Coaxial, or optical. Match the type of output from the tv to the type of input on the theater system. Once you have it all hooked up make sure your theater system is set to aux input or whatever it is named and the the sound mode is in surround. Also check your tv menu settings to make sure the correct audio output is turned on. Basically that should do it. Hope this is helpful.

justin9

Auditioning
Real Name
justin
ok thanks for the help, looks like ill ill have to get a optical cord for the tv to the blu ray

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
can't get the surround sound speakers to play when just the tv is on
One other note - a lot of the TV programs do not have any information in the surround speakers - so even if all is wired correctly, the source materal may not be providing the signal. It also depends on how you have it hooked up, and if you are relying on the TV output - it may be down converted to stereo anyway....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks