Speakers are crackling but not always>!

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by jiannu, Aug 10, 2006.

1. jiannu

jiannu Auditioning

I have a Yamaha HTR 5990 7.1 receiver and I have Precision Acoustics 2 way loud speakers(2x6"+1"softdome), center channel is 2x5"+1"soft dome & rear are 5 1/4" +1" soft dome & are also from the same make. My question is: I switched from cable box to Tuner and didnt realize that the receiver was turned up soo loud that ever since then, i hear a crackle coming from the speakers[​IMG] ! I can't seem to pinpoint which it's coming from. I will try and disconnect each speaker and see which is the problem.... I would like to know if I screwed up my reciever? Is that possible? If it's the speakers they are covered under warranty but I would like to know how I could avoid this in the future?

2. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

There could be some damage to the speakers. Do you have another amplifier, receiver, or any thing that you can connect to the speakers to test them to be sure it isn't the Yamaha that is at fault. It is unlikely the Yamaha is damaged, but it is always wise to check everthing. Also you could check to be sure all speaker wire connections are secure. Just in the future make sure the volume is set at a reasonable volume before giving it any source material.

post back and tell us what you find.

3. jiannu

jiannu Auditioning

Okay, i un hooked the rear speakers cause I heard the crackling coming from there and cranked the system.......
    No more crackling! So I returned the rears. problem solved![​IMG]

I hope that never happens again![​IMG]

4. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

Were they defective??