What's new

Speakers and Receiver for $3000.00?? (1 Viewer)

DouglasE

Auditioning
My room is 23x14 w/9ft. ceilings, I'm leaning towards the Pioneer VSX-1014 receiver but with so many speakers to choose from I'm kinda lost on what to get.

Speakers I've been considering are PSB, Axiom, Klipsch, Paradigm, Swan, Rockets, SVS, etc. I haven't auditioned anything as of yet but feel confident I'd most likely enjoy any of these brands after reading everyone's comments on them.

My listening habits will be 60/40 HT/Music. I have a Panny RP-91 DVD player, Toshiba Widescreen HDTV, and HD Tivo already.

I could go $3500.00 if I need to but was trying to stay somewhere close to $3000.00 including the Receiver.

I'd appreciate any suggestions,

thanks!

SethH

Senior HTF Member
With that budget you've got lots of options. Definitely go out an listen to as many as possible. You should add in there B&W -- your budget could get you in the 600 series or maybe the one above it. Also, look at the Klipsch reference series instead of the Synergy series. That's all I can really think to add to your current list. One of the SVS cylinders should be able to cover your room pretty nicely for $550-$650, but you could also look at Hsu as they have gotten many good reviews.

Ricky c

Stunt Coordinator
My room is 19.5 x 22.5x 8' ceiling.I have the rotel rsx1056 w/B&W 603s3 fronts w/lcr600 am getting the 601s3 for surrounds later.It's a very good system and under your budget.If you can audition a rotel w/ a B&W setup and decide for yourself.Those internet speakers like swan and the others are probably very good i understand but nothing is like listening for yourself.What happens if you buy one of the internet speakers and find out its not what you thought it would be,you now have to pack them up and send them back and probably be charged a fee.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
You've got a good budget to work with to do some excellent things. The speakers you've noted are all good but don't say you'd enjoy them all from what you've read on the forums from us. We all have different ears and what some of us love others hate. Go out and listen to as many speakers as you possibly can. Also check out audioenvy.com and the Axiom forums to try to arrange to audition some different internet direct speakers.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Agreed. I find that the more I listen to the various brands out there, the more I don't like. Nothing like letting the good old ears determine what sounds best.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
You could check to see if AV123 still has any of these packages left. Its really a pretty amazing deal if you like Rocket speakers. I don't own them but I know a friend who jumped in on the deal and he is really happy. If you are into internet brands you should buy a two or three that have good return policies and decide for yourself if you prefer them over B&M speakers.

Edit: About the above deal, the loaner receiver until the procesor/amp arrive is a Denon 2805.

DouglasE

Auditioning
Thanks for all your advice, it is very helpful. I ordered the Pioneer 1014 from onecall.com yesterday for 399.00 shipped so that much is out of the way.

Does anyone know of any good audio shops in the Va. Beach, Va. or Greenville, NC area's? Both are about the same distance from me.

thanks!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Douglas,

You might want to incorporate the following tool - "Home Theater Yellow Pages" into your search for hi-fi/home theater stores within the shopping areas you can access. Not sure where I got this site from, but I'm amazed at how it does such a great job of gathing the local shops.

Yellow Pages

Brian_Fly

Stunt Coordinator

Well, how about driving another 1/2 hour to "Domes" in Chesapeake, Va. Maybe give them a call, but I remember it being a nice, higher end store with the likes of paradigm, B&W, and such. I was a long time resident in that area prior to the military.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
Domes doesnt carry B&W. You'll have to go a few more miles down 13 to Digital Sound.

Ive got a complete set of B&Ws (the 600 series). Give me a PM or email for an audition (Im near NASA). I would let them go for a good price too (way under your budget).
:)

Rob

DouglasE

Auditioning
I ordered a 5.1 set-up from Aperion, shipped out yesterday , I'll audition that for 30 days while I'm checking out what the audio shops have.

Thanks again for all the advice, I'll definitely check out Domes and Digital Sound.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
Denon 2105-500 bucks
Axiom M22ti 400 bucks a pair,get 4
Axiom center-?
Svsubwoofer 25-31pci 600 bucks
There's a good start.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks