What's new

speakers and amplifiers? (1 Viewer)

Soms

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
OK, in my last house, I couldn't power all speakers with my HK receiver without maxing out the power.

In my new house I have speakers in the Master/Master bath/dining room and living room. Already have a pair of Bose AM-5's for the living room.

How can I power all speakers at once? Do I need to buy an add'l amp? I haven't gottena log of input on this one.

thanks,
Steve

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
No offense, but the first thing I'd do is get rid of the Bose (do a search here or on any other forum and you will find plenty of info as to why). Then you can either get impedance matching volume controls for each room or use an impedance matching speaker selector (possibly with volume control also) - then you can use most any receiver or stereo amp to power all of the zones. This prevents the amp from overloading and also gives you control over each zone independently.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
I always just hate to disagree with my buddy JG, however, if you like your Bose, don't feel obliged to discard them. They have their place. And your living room might just be that place.

JG's other recommendations are spot on :)

PS

You can expect several others to just jump all over your Bose speakers. Something about peer pressure...

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I know, they're not for ME, and I try to dissuade people on them. My dad is quite happy with them as well...:rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks