What's new

Speaker wire (1 Viewer)

Francisco_C

Agent
What do you guys think of AR speaker wire? I saw it at BB 100' of 16 gauge for $40. Is it good quality for the price? Thanks

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
I use that speaker wire. Works fine for me. But, your probably better off with home depot, Lowes, or another generic 12g wire. Only reason I went with the AR is because I get it very cheap. (employee discount)

Todd Henry

Second Unit
I just got some 12g at Home Depot for .30/ft which would be cheaper and better quality than the 16g at Best Buy.

Todd

BobHaymond

Stunt Coordinator
Depending on how much you need, HD has 12AWG @ $63 for 250 feet. It allowed me to be somewhat liberal when trying to get wires into walls.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
does it hurt to have 16guage instead of 12?? I bought 16 from the advice of the guy at the store that I bought my receiver from. He said sice I had long runs (20 feet ish) that 16gd would be better.

Thanks!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
typically, the longer the run, the thicker you want your speaker to be. the lower the gauge number, the thicker the wire.
get the thickest you can...better safe then sorry. home depot wire is pretty well recommended. i also hear soundking (?) has some pretty good deals.
i run 12g to my mains and center, but for my rear's i'm using that monster xp stuff...which i think is probably only 14g at best. tbh, i don't hear much of a difference one way or the other.
in any case, get the thickest you can.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I use Home Depot 12 gauge all the way around and definitely recommend it for the price. Also I found it to be of very nice quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks