What's new

Speaker wire (1 Viewer)

MikeJason

Agent
I am setting up a system to my old Pro Logic Sony receiver that I plan on upgrading in the near future.

I have some Eosone satellite speakers and a powered sub.

Can anyone recommend some good quality speaker wire to use that will not break the bank?

Thanks!

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
I use basic 12 gauge speaker wire bought at Home Depot. I can't remember the price per square foot but it is ~$.35.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Any 12 gauge will work perfectly and it really doesn't matter much who you buy it from. Aspects that I happen to think are useful is that it have a high strand count to facilitate positioning. HD, Lowes, PartsExpress (SoundKing), KnuKonceptz (a blue exterior for those who are bored by clear vinyl), or preterminated wires are worth considering. Regardless of what receiver you have now or in the future, the same with speakers, it'll do you just fine. You might want to consider buying a 100 foot spool as this might keep costs down.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Please post this sort of query in the area designated for such matters. The Basics area is not for specific model recommendations, but is intended for general discussion at the beginner level. Thanks.

MikeJason

Agent
Sorry for posting in the wrong area.

One more questions:

Would you recommend the metal connectors that connect from the ends of the speaker wire into the receiver and speakers (I think they are called bannana plugs?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks