What's new

Speaker wire... (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Trying to decide (if) and how to upgrade what I have. Not really looking for any sound quality improvements, but something robustly made at a reasonable cost that will last a long time.

I'm looking at the cheapest Kimber Kable, 4pr. Any suggestions on where to buy? (I've found a few places, but they are all charging more than I think they should be charging... :) )

Or if I go with just "std" 14 gauge speaker wire, that I can get anywhere. Maybe that's good enough?

Or any other suggestions for web places that might do custom lengths with connectors (I like spades) ?

The price range I'm looking at is roughly $50 for a pair of 8 ft lengths.

Mark Rich

Second Unit
Try Heartlandcables.com
They sell Canare 4S11 cable which offers decent performance and are certainly robust. They like most custom cable companies will terminate to meet your needs.

If you want to save money and you can use bare wire or are willing to DIY terminate. You can buy this cable at Markertek.com

A search on E-bay will produce others who sell the same cable.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Mark- Thanks. I was actually surprised I didn't see more people selling Kimber on ebay...

I checked out those Canare's. Also twisted pair, cool. If you go to Canare's site they have a little bit of info on them too and about (theoretically) twisted pair benefits.

I wonder if there's a Belden equivalent...

I saw some stats on the Kimbers, and the capacitance is roughly 20x what my interconnects are. But maybe that's apples to oranges anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks