What's new

Speaker Wire question (1 Viewer)

Marcus D

Agent
I have two Aiwa speakers and one of the speakers wire is too short to reach where I have placed my stereo receiver. Can I buy more speaker wire and connect that wire to the short wire on my Aiwa speaker and then that can reach the receiver. Is this possible or are there other solution? The speaker wire on the Aiwa speaker is not removable. Any suggestions please help.

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Yes. If you have a soldering iron that is the best method IMHO, otherwise a couple of crimp connectors will work fine. If you want to go ghetto fabulous, strip 3/4" off each end, twist them together, then use electrical tape to cover them up.

JohnBAIL

Grip
I've used the easier of John's suggestions in the past and it worked fine. As he says, just strip some of the plastic covering of the end of the Aiwa's speaker wire using pliers (being careful not the cut the wire itself!), twist the wire together with your new length of wire, and cover the join with electrical tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks