What's new

Speaker wire question for B&W's??? (1 Viewer)

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
Ok right now I have my 602's and my CC6 bi-wired with two 12g wires and I am wondering what yall think. On the back of my reciever (ONKYO 676) it is a BIG mess with all the jumbo bare wire.

My questions:

1. I want to clean it up a bit so should I just run one 12g wire to the speakers like normal...is that enough?? The run is about 12-15 feet for one and about 5-6 on the other but I would like to keep the same length on both.

2. If I were to keep it biwired with the 12g I would like to use banana plugs ,but I dont know of any that take two 12g wires nicely....do yall know of any??

3. Could I drop to like two 16g wires so I cna use the banana plugs that I know of....would that be good enough???

4. If I kept it with two 12g wires could I put one end of the wire on to a banana plug and the other on a spade and then use both on one binding post??

Thanks for all the input...I will be useing the monster cable quick plugs that are the screw down type on my SVS combo so I would like to keep using them on the rest of the wireing!!

Thanks every one

Mark

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
Mark,

I have the 603s/CC6 and I just bi-wired them (12ga wire) after having them for about 18 months. I was unable to hear any difference and will be going back to mono-wiring when I have the time/inclination just to "clean it up" back there. If you don't notice any difference, mono-wiring will certainly clean up the back of your rec and make things alittle easier. On the other hand, if you can perceive an improvement with the bi-wiring, then it's really not an option I guess.

--Steve

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
Its not really that I notice a difference...actualy I never really listened to see if there is one. I just like the idea of having a speaker bi wired if they are able to be, but I really would like the wires to be cleaned up some. So thats I was wondering what every one thought... and like about the 16g as opposed to 12g if I kept them biwired.

Thanks

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
If your goal is to clean it all up. Leave it all mono-wired, with the 12ga wire and put the jumpers back on the speakers posts. I'd be surprized if you could hear a difference, but maybe you would (which will also be a worthwhile/interesting experiment).

If you want to keep them bi-wired, someone else will have to advise you on the merits of 12ga vs 16ga. While I understand the basics here, I am not sure about how bi-wiring might affect the signal.

--Steve

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah my goal is to cleam up the wires, but I dont want to do it at the cost of sound quality! But thanks for the input....keep it comming:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
Or you could spend a little money and get bi-wire speaker cable. I have my DM630's and NHTM2 biwired with MIT-T2's and love the sound. They are garden hose sized but only two plugs on Receiver side. the terminations are interchangable also.

Marc

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
OK do you have a link or something where I could find these wires? I would like to keep the cost as low as posible...since I just droped all my money on the SVS combo!

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
I use custom-built DH Labs bi-wire for my B&W CDM1 SEs. For my HT, it's the T-14s. For my separate two-channel, it's the Q-10. I have four spades on the speaker side, going to two banana plugs on my amp.
Contact Jeff at www.value-audio.com. I highly recommend for both professionalism, customer service and quality products.

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
Mark, I would suggest running just a single run of good quality 12 gauge, unless you hear improvement with them bi-wired. I started with 602S2's went to CDM7SE's, now N804's.
Each time I upgraded my speakers I bi-wired and did'nt hear any improvement over a single run of 12 gauge. I understand that you or others may hear improvement through bi-wiring so please try it both ways and you decide. Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks