What's new

speaker wire problem, should I be concerned? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
hey all, I was sitting down to watch The matrix and halfway through the first chapter I noticed that my left rear was not working. I first checked the back panel of the reciever and I was all okay there so then I moved on to the speaker (a small Sony satelite speaker which is part of my Sony HTiB)and to my suprise I discovered that the cord that plugs into the + side had lost the thin silver looking part which goes into it and that the silver part was obviously gone. I could barely see the piece and could not get it out. :angry: I than simply connected the cord as is without the thin silver piece and the speaker is working. I'm concerned about this setup now though. Should I operate the speaker this way? Will this connection mess up my speaker? thanks.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Will make exactly ZERO difference having it hooked up like that. I'd say get some better wire than the crap that comes with the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks