What's new

speaker wire hookup help (1 Viewer)

raymond caputo

Stunt Coordinator
when i had my den wired for my speaker i also had speaker wire installed for outdoor speakers...so summer is just about here, and i tried to hook up my niles outdoor speakers, but i am confused....the installer, i believe looped the wires...on one side i have a black a white and a blue and red wire...on the other side i have two blacks two whites and a blue and red that aren't split....hope someone out there understands...i don't know how in hell to hook it up....the first way i tried kept cutting off my receiver...

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I’m confused too, and I’m guessing the other 20 or so people who have read this thread are, too, else someone would have responded by now. Please expound on your description, Raymond.

By “red, blue, black white,” do you mean there are four separate cables running? A single cable with four individual colors inside? What do things look like at the receiver end?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

raymond caputo

Stunt Coordinator
hi wayne...a single cable with four individual colors inside...hmmmm...what do things look like at the receiver end...good question...i had custom shelving made over the tv that comes out of the wall...the problem is you can't see sh-- behind it...i didn't allow for enough room to see anything...this of course is another potential problem if i need to get back there...looks real nice, but not practical....

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
What I meant was, is the four cables or the single cable with four conductors (or what every it is you have there) the same thing as what’s at the speaker locations?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

raymond caputo

Stunt Coordinator
hi wayne...i got frustrated...so i called the guy that did the original installation...he explained how to connect the wires...thanks wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks