What's new

speaker wire from bluejeans cable (1 Viewer)

kyutaek

Agent
I was told from bluejeans cable that they sell speaker wire (not available in their site, though). It is 12 gage belden (don't know the number) zip speaker wire (20ft for $13, 40ft for $26). Can anyone tell me how good/bad this speaker wire would be? Also, would you recommend banana or spade/pin connector for receiver and speaker end?

I also want to ask if there is alternative good quality speaker wire (similar price range above)?

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
Can't speak for their speaker wire, I wasn't aware of it...but I like all their other products...so I would think it should be fine!

TimMc

Stunt Coordinator
Well, in general Belden has a great reputation and for very good reasons, but the exact number does kinda matter. They make a variety of 12AWG wiring at a variety of price points, so knowing that number is critical to knowing what you're getting and deciding just how good that price is.

Sound King wire at Parts Express is a very decent alternative (s/b 50' for less than $25). Home Depot is another choice - either the 12AWG wire or else the 12AWG outdoor extension cable (if you don't know that reference, a search on "Quad speakers" and "outdoor extension cord" will give the answer). The HD wire also survived a review by The Absolute Sound - and survived it quite well.

I've used bananas for years, but spades are just as good (especially if you don't switch connections often). If I was starting today I just might go w/ spades. I personally don't like pins - stepping down the 12AWG to thin pins makes little sense to me, but YMMV.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member

kyutaek

Agent
I've just checked with BlueJeans and the model number of the belden cable for speaker wire is 9718. I don't know if this cable is good for the price I got above. I would appreciate if anyone have a comment/opinion on this particular cable.

Also, I want to get a gold-plated spade/banana and they quoted $2.50 (no name brand specified). Would it be a good one for the price (I know, it's hard to tell)? If you let me know the other spade connector at similar or better price, pleaes let me know (I need at least 12). Thanks.

Johnal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnal
I just bought a roll of 14 gauge speaker wire from Home Depot... I guess this is kind of a silly question since it seems like everyone shoots for the 12 gauge, but is it really better? What are the noticeable benefits of the 12 as opposed to the 14?

-Johnal

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks