What's new

Speaker Wall-Mount Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Hello all,

I am just about to move into a new house and I'm going to be mounting the rear surround speakers on the wall. My rears are the ones that are part of the Fluance SX-HTB package. According to Fluance.com they are 5.1 lbs each.

I'm looking for recommendations on speaker wall-mounts that are cost-effective, yet not totally devoid of style and functionality (i.e. ability to swivel/tilt, etc)

I've see ones for at low as $15 and as much as $60 and $75. I think $60 per mount is a bit excessive, but that's why I'm asking. Is there really a reason to pay so much more?

Any comments are appreciated.

Mike W.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
I think you shouldnt spend so much in a bracelet or speaker wall mount, but in my case I did needed a bracelet that could stand 22 pounds, so I went with the B-Tech BT77 $60, B-Tech has other options, that could handle the 5 pounds weight very easy and not spending to much. But I like to add that I do like a lot the look of the BT-77.

Check,
B-Tech BT1 $30
B-Tech BT55 $30
B-Tech BT5 $30
B-Tech BT-33 $15

I only have tried the BT77, which I can recommend, try to check them out, and see if any can fit your needs,

Good luck,

Kevin G.

Second Unit
I agree some of the prices out there on brackets are entirely outrageous!!

I like the B techs and was seriously looking at the BT 77's
but couldn't force myself to pay their prices. I like the clamp style cause I'm not hip on drilling holes in my new surrounds.

also looking at Vogel clamp style @ parts express at a little less money still a little steep though

Just FYI, I ordered the BT-33's from Crutchfield.com for $15/ea + 6 shipping. I was impressed at first because from pictures, it looked as if these were little cheezy plastic ball/socket mounts. I figured for $15 each, that's what I should be expecting. Well, to my surprise, these are pretty substantial metal mounts with the ability to connect to virtually any speaker. The Fluance rears have a small metal "double-keyhole" (for lack of a better term) bracket that needs to be removed to insert the mounting screw (i.e. the screw that connects the mounting bracket to the Fluance's bracket has a head too large to fit through the wider part of the "keyhole"). But after removing the bracket, inserting the screw and attaching to the B-Tech bracket, it was fine (good thing you can actually mount the speaker to the B-Tech bracket then mount that to the actual wall bracket afterwards).

Anway........ just wanted to give you guys an update. I would highly recommend the B-Tech BT-33s for anyone with speakers under the 8 pound limit. They offer plenty of flexibility (tilt/swivel) and are a quality product for only $15.

Mike W.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks