What's new

Speaker upgrade???? JBL S310,312,nd310 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
Well its that time of the year and im wondering whatr to ask for for Christmas whether it be money or something else.
I was wondering if maybe i should uppgrade my STEREO?
Right now
Panny 36sx12 flat
N26
Ncenter
N24
Sawm40
VR-507

I was looking at speakers and saw that the ND310's were selling for $219 shipped each. I also saw the S310's $170 shipped each and the 312's for $230 each.

Now what would you go with or should I spend my money on maybe a sub or a Receiver. Will my reciever handle these and will they cream my n26's? Give me some incite. I wouldnt mind moving my 26's to the rear or keeping it how it is and using the new speakers for music.

AaronJB

Second Unit
JBL S38IIs are excellent if you're looking for bookshelf speakers and they're selling for $232 a pair.

VictorLS

Auditioning
I've had my 312's for about 3 months, and I have no complaints. I was using a terrible reciever to power them, and they performed well with that. I've just upgraded to an Integra 7.3 and I'm sure that as soon as they are wired up, they will sound great...
Also, $230 seems like a pretty good buy

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
I think you should aim for a better sub, the sony is incredible for the money, but an SVS would create the most difference. You could also see the JBL S120 which got had very good reviews. I think the N26 are very good.

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
i was looking at the s310's for music and keeping the rest for Hometheater. For $175 each shipped i thought it looked good. Also, is my reciever fine for these?

HienD

Stunt Coordinator
If your looking for better speakers for music, I'd wait and get something better. If the your N series speakers aren't cutting it for music, the S series might not either. I did the same thing your planning on doing. I just need to re-arrange things abit to allow me to place the two set of front speakers in the front. Just my 2 cents.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Since you've already got the n-center and n-26's I'd to with the nd310's. I've got a pair and not only do they sound great for home theater, they sound equally great for music. Even without a sub the 310's will give you alot of bass for your music, but a decent sub with the 310's will more than impress you.

Jeff Sch.

Stunt Coordinator
up.

Well Nd-310's are $219 shipped each. If i were spending 420, would i be able to get better speakers from another place

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
I still think that if you are going to shell out $420, you are close to a good sub, like an HSU VTF2 or a Velodyne CHT-18, or if you save a little more a SVS 25-31PCi, that IMO will give you more to your setup than ND310s, but thats just my opinion.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I love JBL S series for sure....

My S38's rock as well.. Yours being larger should rock even more...

So rock on dude!!!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks