What's new

Speaker to Line level distortion (1 Viewer)

Rob Bruce

Agent
Well, in search of home theatre perfection, I need a way to get preamp outputs from my reciever. I thought of trying to find the signals from inside the reciever (Which I still might do), but then I came acrossThis Site. Now, this is obviously a much simpler idea, and if I change a 20-30kohm resistor for the 10, I will get the 100w power handling i need, but I'm wondering how much distortion this would put into the signal.
I don't think it would be much seeing as how the amp is supposed to produce a clean undistorted sound to accurate sound reproduction, but I decided I should ask for some input in this matter.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Rob

IMO this isn't a good idea. Trying to jury rig a fix to create a pre-out from a receiver that lacks the function isn't a good investment in time or money. And you certainly don't want to risk damaging the ESL's. So bite the bullet and get a receiver with pre-outs or get a real pre-pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks