speaker suggestions...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KennethF, Feb 6, 2003.

1. KennethF

KennethF Stunt Coordinator

I'm placing a surround system in my office primarily for cd and multichannel dvd-audio and sacd, and I was looking for suggestions for smaller-sized speakers that are more musically-inclined. I will be auditioning the paradign studio 20s and 40s in the next week, and my intention is to place the same speakers at all locations (or at least in the mains and surrounds with an appropriately matched center channel), and a subwoofer.

Are there any other speakers that I should hear before I commit to these? Does anyone have any experience with the 20s and 40s regarding primarily music? Also, what receivers or separates are driving your suggested speakers?

I appreciate all your help and suggestions!

2. JohnBrianW.

JohnBrianW. Stunt Coordinator

I prefered Totem over the studio's. Actually the sound was comparable but the Totem IMO is a way nicer looking speaker. Depending on your budget you get get some really nice bookshelves. #1 on the list would be the model 1's. All of them sound great though, and are designed for music first. As for sources, Vince (owner of Totem) is a big fan of Simaudio Moon. I auditioned a bunch of Totem stuff from the Shaman down to the Mites on Totem's own amp called the Amber....breathe taking!!...but around $5000USD!!

3. Tim Ranger

Tim Ranger Stunt Coordinator

Try a set of 5 ACI Emeralds. Simply amazing how much music you'll get out of them!