What's new

Speaker suggestions to go with Onkyo 595 (1 Viewer)

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone suggest me what speakers are really good with the Onkyo 595. As far as I know, Jamo and PSB are really good with Onkyo.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Carlo,
Lots of members can help u decide which one but I believe you have to give them more info like...how much do u plan to spend, room size, preferences...music or movies, etc. Although u have narrowed down ur choices to those 2 excellent speakers, HTF members may have other suggestions for u.
------------------
Eric Samonte
Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
I only have one suggestion.. go for high efficiency speakers if possible.
Good Luck
------------------
The things we own end up owning us

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Need to know a few things first. Budget? Size room? Towers or bookshelves? Do you listen to HT or music more? Do you have a sub or do you need one? Are you open to ordering speakers from online companies?

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Without the info the others have asked for the only thing I can suggest is take that info when you decide on it and look at some of the speakers in Klipsch's line. They have very high efficiencies and will match quite well with the Onkyo.

Ditto for me too. I was told to look at the Ascend Acoustics CBM -170, add a subwoofer, and then I want to add on a ceter and two rear channels. Is there enough power in the 595 and the CBM's have a 4 ohm impedence?
Did anyone ever hear of SONANCE?

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for replying.
I did forget to mention a few things.
I have a small/standard size bedroom, considering the size of my room, it will be bookshelf speakers that are ideal for me.
My main listening format is for Home Theater.
I already have a sub so I am really not concerned about this.
At the moment I am considering getting the Jamo Speakers in the E6 range or the E4 range.
PSB Speakers tend to be a bit too expensive out here in AUstralia, but I am sure I will be fine with Jamo (will listen to other good brands before I make up my mind)

BryanZ

Screenwriter
That being said, the Jamos should be alright. You may want to look at some of the nOrh speakers too. Energy, B&W, Def Tech, and Paradigm are other brands to consider.

I'm running a Paradigm Monitor system with my Onkyo 595 and can't complain about it! A very nice sound indeed. :)
------------------
Nate Thompson

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Its just a matter of looking around (and listening) and I buy what sounds best to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks