Speaker Suggestions Please

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jared W, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Jared W

Jared W Auditioning

Within a few weeks my new HT room will be complete. Its roughly 19'x20' with a 12' vaulted ceiling. I have a SVS 20-39 PCi sub on the way as soon as they start shipping.

After doing all the research into buying a sub, and with moving into the new bigger room.. I'm left thinking that my current system is lacking. I have been looking into the new TX-SR 600 reciever that Onkyo is coming out with next month. And I've also been looking into some new speakers to go with the sub thats coming in.

Any suggestions for a good reciever and speaker set up for this size room? I have been looking at the Onkyo mainly because that is what I have now and it has worked out good. It's just a little dated (dolby pro-logic). As for speakers.. I have no idea. I would say the system is used for 75%movies/25% audio. Any ideas or suggestions?

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
  3. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

A Diva 6.1 package with Onix cables and a Denon 3802 receiver would run you about $3000.00. You would have to look hard to do much better. the Divas can be seen here.

4. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Russ, I would disagree with you on this one for I think someone as heavily into HT should at least get one if not two subwoofers to go with the Divas to make them fly. Granted I am very happy with the bass from my Diva based multi-channel music system I still believe crashes & explosions in movies are pretty much beyond even the Diva 6.1's reach. [​IMG]
    Oops, just found out he already has one SVS. How 'bout adding a second SVS with the Diva's. I am sure Sean will have a lot to say about that. [​IMG]
    PF

5. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

I'm definitely with you on the bass. Stack em up. [​IMG]