What's new

Speaker Suggestions Please (1 Viewer)

Jared W

Auditioning
Within a few weeks my new HT room will be complete. Its roughly 19'x20' with a 12' vaulted ceiling. I have a SVS 20-39 PCi sub on the way as soon as they start shipping.

After doing all the research into buying a sub, and with moving into the new bigger room.. I'm left thinking that my current system is lacking. I have been looking into the new TX-SR 600 reciever that Onkyo is coming out with next month. And I've also been looking into some new speakers to go with the sub thats coming in.

Any suggestions for a good reciever and speaker set up for this size room? I have been looking at the Onkyo mainly because that is what I have now and it has worked out good. It's just a little dated (dolby pro-logic). As for speakers.. I have no idea. I would say the system is used for 75%movies/25% audio. Any ideas or suggestions?

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
A Diva 6.1 package with Onix cables and a Denon 3802 receiver would run you about $3000.00. You would have to look hard to do much better. the Divas can be seen here.

PomingF

Second Unit
Russ, I would disagree with you on this one for I think someone as heavily into HT should at least get one if not two subwoofers to go with the Divas to make them fly. Granted I am very happy with the bass from my Diva based multi-channel music system I still believe crashes & explosions in movies are pretty much beyond even the Diva 6.1's reach. :D
Oops, just found out he already has one SVS. How 'bout adding a second SVS with the Diva's. I am sure Sean will have a lot to say about that. ;)
PF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks