Speaker suggestions for computer

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CalebC, Jan 8, 2003.

1. CalebC

CalebC Extra

I listen to a ton of music (MP3) on my computer and play some games on it too. Anyone have a suggestion of some excellent speakers to get. I have a budget of about $200.00.

Thanks in advance,
    Caleb Carlson

2. Andy F

Andy F Stunt Coordinator

If it were me, Klipsch, hands down. you could get the 4.1 system on their website for that much. (i believe they still have some discounted systems)

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

4. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

Klipsch 4.1 if you're looking to spend the full $200; great sub/sat combo.

Otherwise, a lot of people like the Logitech Z-560s, but you can find those for

5. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

i bought ba7800 from gateway 2 days ago but havent received it yet. i will post my impression of it next week.

i listened to z-560 for about 10 minutes at my friend's dorm room, and didnt like the overall sound. loud and strong bass, but the higher end didnt sound good at all. the treble killed my ears. better than ba4800 though. perfect for videogames but not for music.

altec lansing 241, used for a month, really small, the bass sounded really good. it was pleasing. but the mid range to higher frequency sounded metallic / artificial.

ba4800, owned for 1 and half years, nice mid range, neutral sounding bass that cannot go too loud, but high frequency is colored. it doesnt sound smooth.

havent listened to the klipsch, because people turned me off by saying that most klipsch products are harsh sounding.

6. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

if you have an existing home theater then hook the computer up to it, if not then I would reccomend the klipsch there's not much that can match there sound quality.

7. Chris Moe

Chris Moe Screenwriter

I recently got the Monsoon MH-505's (5.1 setup) for my computer and love them. I personally wasn't overly impressed with the Klipsch speakers, they were nice but I couldn't justify the price (for the 5.1 setup not the 4.1).

8. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M