What's new

Speaker stands (1 Viewer)

ChampN252

Agent
Real Name
Roland
Hey again guys. I need to high quality stands that'll hold my speakers upright. I have the MonoPrice stands and they are craptacular. I have the Boston Acoustic MCS 160 speakers.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Been ages since I've seen the Denon BA speakers in person. Do they stand on their own?

Also, are they hangable with a keyhole?

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Yellow pages sir. There are wood shops in your town that will build you custom speaker stands that fit your speakers exactly, and likely for the same price you would spend on something you found on the internet. Use some cardboard to trace the exact bottom of your speaker and take the template with you. Use a tape to determine exactly how high you want the speakers to be and take that measurement with you as well. Youll save money by finishing them yourself, home depot or Lowes has all the paints, stains and lacquers you could ever need. My shop made me wall shelves for my high bookshelf speakers for $50 for the pair, made out of raw hardwood. He made a huge projector wall shelf for me out of raw 3/4" ply and trimmed with hardwood, I think it was $100. All were built to my exact specifications. Pics are in my photo journal, link is the bottom link in my signature. Also in my photo journal are the rear speaker stands I made myself out of plywood and all thread (post #1 mid way down, post #7, 8 & 9 is the projector shelf and #11 are the high speaker shelves).

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I have two sets of rather large plant stands (strong enough i can sit on them) that I use as speaker stands but my bookshelves usually weight 20+ pounds each. Hit the unfinished solid wood furniture stores and antique shops in your area.

But someone could easily assemble something from stuff found at Home Depot. Banisters or stair rails as posts, etc.

These look pretty good. Adjustable. Not too expensive. Designed for a larger speaker but some spacers could take up the extra space. Might be over-kill but don't look like "craptacular" :) .

http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Black-Speaker-Surround-Speakers/dp/B003WNX11C/ref=sr_1_79?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1377924830&sr=1-79&keywords=speaker+stands

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks