1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Speaker stands for sell/trade

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dani_Katz, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Dani_Katz

Dani_Katz Auditioning

Last week I bought these Sanus 24" (model BF24b) speaker stands at Bestbuy.com http://www.bestbuy.com/Detail.asp?m=...=40&e=11029740
    and found out that they are too short for my surround speakers. I called them and they won't exchange them for the 31" because I put them together. So, I have no choice but to try to sell them or see if anyone has the 31" BF model for exchange (+$$). They are brand new. I put them together, but I can unscrew them and put them back into the original box. Please e-mail me if you are interested. I paid $65 ($60+tax). I'll sell for $40 plus shipping.
    Dani

2. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

That's Bullsh*t. I work for Best Buy. Take them apart and take them into a store. Let them know that you are going to UPGRADE and that they are getting MORE MONEY. Explain it very politely and to the manager if necessary. They are feeding you a line and according to your reciept, you have a 30 day moneyback guarantee. This is what gives us a bad name.

3. Dani_Katz

Dani_Katz Auditioning

Jeremy,
    Thanks for the advise. I called the customer relations number and this is pretty much what they told me. I guess I don't have anything to loose by trying what you suggested. I was trying to be honest. If they can take my stands and let me upgrade to the 31" model that they'll have then it will save me a lot of hassle.
    Thanks,
    Dani
    8/29/01 - Speaker stands exchanged at Bestbuy for the 31", so are no longer FS.
    [Edited last by Dani_Katz on August 29, 2001 at 09:03 PM]