speaker stands and wall mount for Onkyo HTS660

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Todd*Sa, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Todd*Sa

Todd*Sa Extra

Yes this is a HTiB system. I will preface this post with this: This is the best system my budget allows, I already know this is not the preferred HT setup.

That being said, can anyone recommend a set of speaker stands for the front and a set of wall mounts for my rear speakers? I will need silver stands and mounts. I would like for the rear speakers to be able to swivel at least horizontally. Here are the dimensions and weight for the speakers:

Front-9.1"(D),6.2"(W),15.25"(H) 7.5lbs.

rear-4.9"(D),6.9"(W),9.25"(H) 3.5lbs.

As you can see I will not need anything heavy duty but I do want something visually appealing (especially the stands!).
    I would like to spend less than $150. Thanks for your suggestions, you guys here really know what you are talking about!

2. Mitch G

Mitch G Agent

When I was doing some similar searching not too long ago I made note of "stands and mounts dot com" for some nice looking stands. And, for less expensive options, I liked what I saw at "partsexpress dot com."

For mounts, I liked what I saw at "btech-usa dot com."

I don't know if these outfits have silver options that work for you, but it's probably worth checking out anyway.

Hope this helps,

Mitch

3. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Todd, this may not work for you but for the benefit of others, I made my own stands out of 3/4" Birch plywood, pre-fab trim moulding and stair rail posts from Home Depot. Carpeted and trimmed the base and stained the rest in maple. Looks great, cost about $60 for all four and killed a perfectly good saturday after noon. And don't apologize for the Onkyo set-up. I have the HT-650 and it's a great receiver/speaker package (not a htib!) [​IMG]. Good luck with your search. Gene

4. Todd*Sa

Todd*Sa Extra

Thanks for the responses everyone. I will check out those websites. I just recently heard my friends Onkyo 6.1 setup, and I was very impressed. I'm sure the 5.1 system will sound almost as good as it, especially to my untrained ears!