Speaker stand ieas?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by mike_snazzy, Nov 29, 2002.

1. mike_snazzy

mike_snazzy Extra

Anyone have any good ideas/plans for a home made wooden stand for my infinities? They are about 12" x 8" x 6". I wanted to make a stand out of mahogany or cherry. Any ideas or websites out there would be helpful

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

I also had some crazy idea hit me for speaker stands. I was wondering like mike about bulding out of wood, but then the thought hit me of pouring a pair of concrete columns. I figured that would be the heaviest, sturdiest, and simplest thing that i could build. Messy, probably, but cheap too. Good idea? Stupid? Will it turn into a three stoogies routine with my arms and legs forever fused into a large concrete pillar? [​IMG]
    Anyway, my question about speaker stands is this: Are they supposed to "anchor" your speakers to the floor or "isolate" them from the floor. Is this the same thing? What does this mean? I don't quite get the isolating part, the whole point for spikes, but the anchoring makes sense so that bass is great. Some n00by explanations of that would be great thx [​IMG]

3. Brian Fellmeth

Brian Fellmeth Supporting Actor

4. Edward M

Edward M Stunt Coordinator

Brian Fellmeth you got skills! Great work.