What's new

Speaker Spikes - Help (1 Viewer)

Robert EW

Grip
Does anybody know where to purchase spikes (Tip Toes?) that are longer then the standard speaker spikes provided by Definitive Technology and everybody else.

I have tried everything to make their spikes stick and it is just not going to happen. Their customer service and my retailer are not able to help me.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Have you tried Madisound? Look under the "accessories" section and they have assorted spikes there.
Is it a longer thread you're looking for or a longer spike?

Robert EW

Grip
Either would work, with a longer thread I can just thread less into the speaker. I found some different size spikes at Madisound and will need to measure my current spikes tonight to see what size I need. It appears the largest size 2 1/8 inch may require a little drilling for 1/2 inch hole. Gees, I hate to drill holes into my new Def techs and also pay $3 each for 16 spikes. This is turning out to be a real bummer.

Robert EW

Grip
I have a thick carpet with upgraded padding and I cannot get the standard size spike to pierce the floor enough to stick.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Wow... that must be a thick carpet! Anyway, a cheap solution is to go purchase some threaded rod from the hardware store (that fits your current spike threads). Grind the end down to a sharp point and cut to your desired length. Thread a nut on prior to cutting... when you take it off it will re-thread the rod where you made your cut.

Robert EW

Grip
I may try your suggestion, at least I will be able to determine the size I need and then assess if I am happy with my workmanship and the metal strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks