Speaker Size Advice

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by JoeyR, Jan 8, 2005.

1. JoeyR

JoeyR Second Unit

Joey
    I have a 14x16 living room and live in a manufactured home, my wife doesnt like me playing the tv loud(when I had one of the little shelf system surround setups), Im looking at the JBL E30 as the majority of my system but for my fronts thinking about the E80's, room size wise(and wife's preference)would I be better off with the E30's as fronts?

2. Rob F

Rob F Auditioning

if you dont get/have a subwoofer then i would definatly go with th e80s. if your decide that your going to get a sub then it looks like the 30's would be fine. what you realy need to do is buy a movie your wife likes and play it for her in the system. get her to like it and the sky is the limit

3. JoeyR

JoeyR Second Unit

Joey
    Pulled the trigger on the E30's today, bought a set at CompUSA for 100 dollars and a set at BestBuy 100 dollars. Went to buy the EC25 at Bestbuy but they refused to price match CompUSA's price of 100 dollars, said they could only sell it for 260 was also going to buy a A75 Canon Digital Camera while there but figured Id save and get elsewhere. All I need now is some stands, a sub, centerchannel and a receiver, getting closer [​IMG]

4. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

Get the E35 for the center. You can find it for $150 delivered from an authoried vendor.
    Compusa has the e25 for $75 by me, but the E35 is a much better center (I own it).

5. JoeyR

JoeyR Second Unit

Joey
    Thanks Mikey gonna have to save up the cabbage for it[​IMG]

6. Sam_S

Sam_S Agent

How did you get Best Buy (or CC for that matter) to let you audition those speakers? A friend of mine wanted to look at them last time he was buying some DVD's, and the manager of the audio section told him that because there wasn't a functional pre-formed display set up with those speakers in use, Best Buy couldn't help him.

He got three interesting answers all from the same guy as to why though...

1) "Not enough power plugs around here for it to work"

He followed that with

2) "We're busy today, so none of the salesmen can really afford the time to come over and mess with speaker wire" (this was said at around 11am on a tuesday. A random tuesday. There were like 3 people in the entire store.)

Last, he sighed and as he left, he told us

3) "I don't think anyone here knows how to work any of this audio equipment. The guy who does isn't here today, and we just know what we read on the back of the boxes, and what we read on the panphlets that our District Manager gives us."

Ahhh... best buy...

Anyway, let us know how those speakers work out!

7. JoeyR

JoeyR Second Unit

Joey
    Will be awhile Sam still have quite a few pieces left to buy, wanted to post though so people would know about the CompUSA sale if you wanted to get some.