What's new

Speaker 'shutting down' noise? (1 Viewer)

Tim Hess

Second Unit
So a few days ago, I noticed this odd noise in my house that seemed to happen at random, it sounds like something electrical shutting done, slightly high pitched. After scouring the room, I found it to be on of my rear surrounds.

It sounds fine in movies and TV, it only makes the noise after the Amp is shut down, say 10 seconds or so after. I'm going to swap speakers around to see if it could be something else...anyone ever have this happen? My speaker on it's way out perhaps?

Nick Bum

Stunt Coordinator
Is it just at random or not? Some speakers are known to make some wacky sounds when you have a cell phone that is ringing near by. My guitar amp creates soem wack sounds when the cell phone is around.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
my acurus amp used to do this. are the rear speakers the only speakers connected to this amp? the explanation i was given was that the amps capacitors were discharging after shutdown. it was a 5-10 second high pitched whine. if this is what it is, there's nothing to fear as far as damage is concerned.

kevin t

Tim Hess

Second Unit
It seems random, it just happened a few minutes ago, but not at all yesterday.

The amp is running a 7.1 setup so there are more than two speakers running off it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks