What's new

speaker setup (1 Viewer)

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
So my new Denon2805 and my new Yamaha C750 DVD player both have in the setup speaker size,delay,volume. The 2805 has a few more things. For it to be set up right for the multi channel use out of the 6 discrete jacks,which do i use or use both and if i only use one,how do you cancel out the other?

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
dany, the 6 discreet channels are for listening to the SACD and DVD-Audio sources from the player. These are analog connections. SACD will NOT play through the digital connections from the DVD player to the receiver since the signals processed though the 6 channel connections are analog. I have a Samsung HD DVD841 which also has this capability. I have the player hooked to my Sherwood receiver via both the digital optical outputs and the 6 channel direct outputs. To listen to SACD you need to set the receiver to 6 channel direct mode. DVD-A discs will play through the digital connection but some will only do stereo unless they are encoded in DD 5.1 or DTS formats. These discs will play in 6 channel thrugh the digital connections just like a video DVD.:)

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
I know all that. Thats why i got it,for multi channel audio. I have both the dig out and the 6ch discrete analog jacks hooked up. So did you set up the speakers from the reciever,DVD player or both for multi channel playback?

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
My player has a utility that allows you to calibrate the speakers. I am a musician so I basically know how I want the music to sound. I had calibrated my speakers before for watching movies on DVD and basically left it like it was. The answer is, I checked the hi-rez sound via the utility on my DVD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks