Speaker setup: tv in corner of room!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kurt Leutfeld, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Kurt Leutfeld

Kurt Leutfeld Auditioning

Because of my main living room shape/door placement, my tv can only fit into the corner of my room; the worst place.

I use a dolby D sherwood 7090. I use the system with 5+1 speakers (sub next to sofa).

Can anyone offer advice on where to put my bookshelf missions front L R speakers for best use with movies/general music?!

Thanks in advance

Kurt

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    This is what I posted in your other thread...

3. Michael_UK

Michael_UK Stunt Coordinator

What Missions do you have are they M71 or M72's?

I would recomend that you have the speakers pulled a bit out in the room (1 foot plus if possible) this would avoid some of the Boomy corner loading effect you could get.

If you have to put them right neer the walls then use the Port Bungs to seal the vent this will tighted then bass up a bit (you might loose a bit of mid bass impact though).

Also keep the speakers at head hight not way above or below you when sitting down in the main viewing area.

4. Kurt Leutfeld

Kurt Leutfeld Auditioning

In response, (and with thanks:

I have mission M72s. The main problem I have, being I cannot rearrange any seating/tv placement. I have 1ft either side of my 32" widescreen for speaker setup!! Tight, I know!

Kurt

5. Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker Screenwriter

Keith Plucker
    I used to have a 32 in Sony sitting in the corner of my apartment. Instead of having it flat against the wall, I set it directly "in" the corner at a 45 degree angle. This made speaker placement a little easier although the front mains (also angled in relationship to the wall) were forward of the TV a bit.

Would this be possible in your set up?

-Keith