What's new

Speaker Settings for Paradigm System without Sub (1 Viewer)

David J Wang

Agent
I have a Paradigm system - Monitor 7s for fronts, CC370 for center, and ADP-170 for rears without any subwoofer for the time being because I'd probably get kicked out of my apartment. The system is hooked up to a Denon 2802 receiver and I was wondering if I should set all the speakers to large or just the fronts? And there is a sub on/off option in the Denon 2802 correct?

BobPeck

Agent
I agree with Tom.
But after that try setting your other speakers to Large, as well.
I got two Studio 80's, CC and 20's for the rear (and also no sub 'cause I'm in a condo). No, none of the speakers mentioned can go down to 20Hz. But they could possibly go below whatever your crossover point is on the Denon 280x(I'm unfamiliar with that receiver's crossover point(s).
I ended up on my system liking the sound of the Large setting better all the way around, but each to their own taste. . . .

DanKaps

Grip
What about the exact same speaker config. along with the PW2200 sub? My brother just bought this along with a Marantz 7200. He is currently running small all around. Since the 7200's x-over point is relatively high at 100, I wonder if he'd be better off running his mains "large", everything else small since his Mon 7's are respectable down to at least 50. Also, what do you think about connecting the sub via main pre-outs and selecting no sub then using the sub's own x-over for adjusting to the best blend?
I'll be going to his place in a few days with SPL meter and VE in hand to help him calibrate but I wonder what those with this setup have tried and settled on.
Thanks

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Before I got my SVS I would run my Monitor 7s as large, CC350 as small and MiniMonitor surrounds as small. In my experience with frequency sweeps, the CC is only gets to about 80Hz and the Minis to roughly 60Hz. The 7s seemed to be pretty good to almost 30Hz. I agree with Tom V about setting everything but the mains to small and the sub to no. This was how I had mine set up.
Don't worry about being kicked out of an apartment for having a subwoofer. I'm in a 40 year old building that could hardly be called sound-proof and I've yet to receive a complaint. :)
------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
Link Removed
my DVD collection
[Edited last by Ron Eastman on November 15, 2001 at 05:28 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks