What's new

Speaker set up issues??? (1 Viewer)

Kevin C.

Auditioning
I am about to set up my surround sound speakers, I recently purchased a set of the Athena micra6's from BB. They will go with my pioneer 1014tx. I have a 43 pan. LCD.

My questions?

If I place the speakers at ear level (maybe a little above) should I put my back left in the corner or near the end of the couch?

If I put the speakers at ear level whoever is sitting in the back right corner is going to have a speaker right next to their ear; will this be a big problem?

Would I be better off mounting my speakers from the ceiling?

Another question? *off topic
What dvd changer would you recommend for me, it will be used as my cd player with a 50/50 mix music/HT?

Thank you for all the information that is presented on this forum.

Have a happy and safe 2005
KC

JoshGivens

Stunt Coordinator
Six feet is usually a good height to place your surrounds so that you don't get so much of the right in someones ear effect. You might want to experiment with your setup by trying a forward pointing in or slightly back toward the seating area setup. I'm not sure if your speakers are bi/dipole but you can also compensate for the room layout with these types of speakers in a 5.1 setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks