Speaker selection for my setup.

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Ryan.S., Dec 8, 2003.

1. Ryan.S.

Ryan.S. Extra

Well I bought the Onkyo TX-SR501 receiver and now I need speakers to go with it. I'm looking for something around $125-150 a pair for the surrounds. And maybe a decent set of towers for my fronts, or good bookshelfs. I also want a good center channel because I know how important that is. And of a course a sub. So basically I'm a newb and have no idea where to start. Let me know a good setup for not a crazy amount of money.

I was lookin at the infinity Primus 150 bookshelf speakers, the primus C-25 center channel, primus 250 towers and the PS-8 or PS-10 sub. But that's just what I've seen so far that looked good in my price range... i'm sure there are thousands of other options out there that may be better.
    Thanks

Ryan

2. Ryan.S.

Ryan.S. Extra

bump[​IMG]

3. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

Well Ryan I don't know what your budget is but from your past posts i'm assuming your not looking to spend more than a couple hundred $$$? I would recommend takin' a look at Bestbuy for some stuff.

The JBL NSP1 is a good choice for speakers. The Klipsch Quintets are also good.

If you are looking to go with seperates then I personally recommend Klipsch. I found that there lower-end Synergy series seems to offer a great bang for the buck.

The SB-1's sounded great when I listened to them although they do come with a little high price tag.

JBL also offers some nice bookshelves and surrounds, definantly take a look at them.

Athena is another great choice and offers a very good cost effective speaker.

Take a look at them for yourself. BestBuy has a decent selection of speakers for mid-end and lower-end budgets.

Good luck!

4. Ryan.S.

Ryan.S. Extra

I'm liking the price/quality of the JBL s26II's. I read somewhere that they take a little extra power than some other bookshelves to reach they're potential and sound good. I'm worried that my onkyo 501 might not have enough to make them sound good.

Does anyone have these speakers and/or the S-center II ??