Speaker replacement for the Totem mite-T center

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anny Chien, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Anny Chien

Anny Chien Agent

I currently have the Totem miteT center channel that I purchased along time ago and now since I moved, the only place to put my center channel is on top of my TV. The problem is that my center channel is not shielded and was wondering if there's any good aftermarket replacements for the speaker. Totem quoted me 120 to replace the drivers for shieled ones.
    here's some info on it.
    http://www.totemacoustic.com/NewFile...l#Anchor-35326

2. Edward Richards

Edward Richards Auditioning

Not sure what you are using for mains, but the Totem Dreamcatcher center speaker may be a good alternative. I just had the opportunity to listen to the Mite TC and the dreamcatcher center in a A/B test, and I like the dreamcatcher.The both sounded great but the DC Center just seemed to have the little extra clarity. I had been considering two HT systems, one was using Mite T's for mains and surrounds and the Mite TC as senter. Option2 was the Arros up front, the Mite TC for center and the Mite T as surround.

After listening, I changed my mind to using Arros as mains, the DC ccenter and DC satellites for surrounds. Besides being a little cheaper, it also sounded realy great. My $0.02 worth.

Ed